Organization: Sabin Vaccine Institute
Location: Houston, TX
Program: Vaccine Development
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the logistical, technical and administrative responsibilities for a multidisciplinary project team to build human capacity for Saudi Arabian research and development (R&D) on vaccines to prevent tropical infection. This program is run in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and implement the technical, administrative and logistical day-to-day project related activities
- Coordinate Visa processing and documentation requirements between Baylor College of Medicine and Saudi Arabia
- Coordinate on-site logistics for visiting Fellows
- Act as a point-of-contact for visiting fellows from Saudi Arabia
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports and assessments on Saudi partner capabilities and activities performed in the US
- Coordinate international and domestic travel, conference calls and meeting logistics
- Assist with the accounting and reconciliation of monthly expenses in accordance with budget parameters
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of one year professional experience required
- Experience with international travel logistics and event planning required
- Arabic fluency a plus
- Previous experience working/residing in Saudi Arabia a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to perform detail‐oriented work with a high level of accuracy required
- Must be highly organized, approachable, demonstrate flexibility and composure, and the ability to respond to changes in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff and range of personalities, culture and working styles
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent at working closely with others over geographical distance
The Sabin Vaccine Institute (Sabin) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization of scientists, researchers and advocates dedicated to reducing needless human suffering from vaccine-preventable and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). Since its founding in 1993 in honor of Dr. Albert B. Sabin, the developer of the oral polio vaccine, Sabin has been at the forefront of global efforts to eliminate, prevent and cure infectious and neglected tropical diseases. Sabin develops new vaccines, advocates for increased use of existing vaccines and promotes expanded access to affordable medical treatments in collaboration with governments, academic institutions, scientists, medical professionals and other non-profit organizations. For more information please visit www.sabin.org.
The Sabin Vaccine Institute’s Vaccine Development program focuses on developing safe, effective and low-cost vaccines that can prevent human suffering caused by infectious and neglected tropical diseases. In 2000, Sabin established the Sabin Vaccine Institute Product Development Partnership (Sabin PDP). The Sabin PDP is an innovative model that relies on private, academic and public institutions in low- and middle-income countries, Australia, the United States and Europe to collaborate for preclinical development, vaccine manufacturing and clinical testing.
The Sabin PDP vaccine portfolio targets neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) such as hookworm infection, schistosomiasis, Chagas disease, leishmaniasis and onchocerciasis, as well as emerging viral infections like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), Middle East Respiratory Virus (MERS) and West Nile virus. The product development laboratories are based at The Sabin Vaccine Institute and Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to HR Manager, Sabin Vaccine Institute, 1102 Bates Avenue, Suite 1470, Houston, Texas 77030. Please be sure to reference “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring to the Sabin Vaccine Institute and its Vaccine Development program. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.