Reports to: Vice President, Resource Development & Policy
Location: Washington, DC
We are looking for a dynamic fundraising specialist who can help drive Sabin’s cultivation of donor relationships for the organization. The Senior Associate will be responsible for overseeing individual and major donor giving.
- In close coordination with executive leadership, support the full cycle of major and individual donor cultivation and retention
- Conduct detailed research and analysis to plan and lead complex fundraising strategies
- Draft fundraising materials, including appeals, funding proposals, newsletters and donor-targeted content for online and offline marketing
- Oversee executive staff travel for individual donor meetings and provide general support, as needed, including meeting planning and outreach, material preparations and staffing at meetings
- Maintain donor engagement records in Sabin’s Salesforce and Engaging Network databases
- Work collaboratively across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues to stay informed of latest organizational and field developments and advance internal priorities
- Supervision of interns, as needed
- Represent the Sabin Vaccine Institute and promote its mission at events and meetings
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree a plus
- 4+ years relevant experience in fundraising, partnership or business development, with prior experience in scientific research, product development, global health, public health, international development or other related field
- Proven experience and demonstrated successes in relationship building with donors and partners with proven, measurable results
- Proven experience in communicating scientific research and technical information for lay audiences
- Superb verbal and written communications skills with a track record of tailoring messaging to attain results from target audiences
- Exceptional project management skills required with proven ability to manage workloads and multiple priorities efficiently and with minimal supervision
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Superior service orientation
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build relationships and understand what motivates others
- Passionate team motivator, relentless champion of our cause and consummate problem solver
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Experience with donor management and communications applications, such as Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact and/or Engaging Networks
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally with notice
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com, fax to 202-842-7689 or mail to HR Manager, Sabin Vaccine Institute, 2175 K Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20037. Please be sure to reference “Senior Associate” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.