Some of the information contained in the website is based on professional advice and opinion; some information is supplied by third party sources. The Institute has used its best efforts to accurately transcribe this information into the website but cannot guarantee that the original information as supplied by others is correct or complete, or that it was accurately transcribed by Sabin. While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on our site, Sabin makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Information contained on this website should not be considered medical guidance or professional advice. The Albert B. Sabin Vaccine Institute, Inc. and its directors, officers, staff, advisors and other representatives involved in the preparation of this website, are not responsible for any errors provided on this site or any actions resulting from the use of such information. Visitors to our site are encouraged to confirm the information contained within the website with other reliable sources and to address any questions concerning their personal health to a licensed physician or other appropriate health care professional. If you come upon information on our website that is outdated or you believe is inaccurate, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider appropriate changes.
Collection of Information
When you visit our Website or contact Sabin in relation to our activities or to make a donation to support our work, we may collect information about you and the computer or device you use in a variety of ways:
- Direct Collection: You may provide us information directly, such as your name, email address, physical address, and credit card information. When you make a donation, Sabin uses this information to process your payment(s) and to verify your credit card data
- Indirect Collection: We may collect information about you that you indirectly provide when you visit the Website, such as your browser type and operating system, IP address and/or device ID, and your behavior on the Website, such as the amount of time spent viewing particular web pages.
- Third Party Collection: We may obtain information about you from publicly and commercially available sources controlled by third parties (for example, service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers and credit reference agencies).
Use Of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for various purposes, including:
- To notify you about Sabin programs and activities (when you consent to receiving communications from Sabin, where required);
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To respond to specific questions or requests made by you;
- To receive and process financial donations that you have made;
- To administer our Website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and statistical purposes) and to protect the security and integrity of the Website; and
- To enforce our legal rights.
- We may combine the information that we collect from you directly and indirectly (as described above) with information that we obtain about you from third parties for the purposes described in this section.
- In the event of a business merger or acquisition, involving the transfer or disclosure of your information.
Sabin Foundation Europe holds any information you provide us with for administration and marketing purposes as a Data Controller under the 1998 Data Protection Act.
Sharing Of Information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Information may be shared between the Sabin charities. Sabin Vaccine Institute and Sabin Foundation Europe have signed an International Data Transfer Agreement.
- We may share your information with service providers (such as payment processing providers) that help us provide services to you, with appropriate safeguards for how such service providers may use that information.
- We may disclose to third parties aggregate donor and Website visitor information that does not specifically identify you. This information may include the total number of Website visitors, referring websites and number of donors. This aggregate data may be used to encourage funding partnerships and related reasons.
- We may disclose your information to other parties to comply with the law or respond to legal process or an appropriate request for cooperation by a government entity, to prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies or terms governing the Website, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our respective affiliates or employees.
- We may disclose your information to a third party successor in interest if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to that third party. This information may include your personal information, such as your name and contact information.
- We may otherwise share your information when you consent to or request such sharing.
When we share your personal information in the circumstances described above, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored in and processed in a jurisdiction outside of your country of residence. The laws of that jurisdiction may not be equivalent to those of your country of residence, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected, such as by implementing contractual controls.
Protection Of Information
We implement technical, administrative and physical measures intended to secure your information. Although we take steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure. As a result, while Sabin strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information.
A cookie is a small data file sent to your computer when you access certain areas of the Website. A cookie enables us to recognize your computer when you next visit our Website, but they cannot be used to identify you personally. Cookies are used on our website to enable us to improve our Website and serve our mission, for example:
- To enable us to understand how visitors use the Website, e.g., whether people are browsing using a mobile device and what pages they look at and for how long, so that we can improve any problem areas;
- To enable you to donate easily. Cookies allow us to track your visit to our Website and keep you on a single server during the session;
- To track how you came to our Website, in order to measure the effectiveness of any marketing campaigns we run; and
- To enhance our Website with content from other Websites, e.g., YouTube videos and Twitter.
Blocking Cookies. If you wish to restrict or block cookies from Sabin, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to restrict cookies on a wide variety of browsers. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual. Please be aware that restricting cookies may have an impact on the functionality of the Sabin Foundation Europe website.
Our visitors residing in the European Union have the right to access the information that we hold about you as well as the right to update or correct any information. You also have the right to ask us to delete or to stop processing your information, although this could affect our ability to provide you with the services you have requested. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us using the information provided below.
Links To Other Websites
Sabin Vaccine Institute
2175 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037
Sabin Foundation Europe
Unit 4, Benwell Studios
11-13 Benwell Road London N7 7BL
More Information About Cookies We Use
- Load Balancing Cookie – This is used to track users through the website to keep them on a single server on a single session. This cookie does not persist across multiple sessions.
- AddThis – We use AddThis to allow web visitors to share content through social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Google Analytics – This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to enable to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports on site activity. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States of America. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP (internet protocol) address with any other data held by Google. By using the Sabin Foundation Europe website you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. To reject or delete this cookie please see http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- Cookies set by Third Party sites – To enrich our content, we sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded on it, these sites may set a cookie. The Sabin website also carries embedded ‘share’ buttons to enable users of the site to easily share articles with their friends through a number of popular social networks, for example Facebook, Twitter or Google+. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. Sabin does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.