Vaccination is among the greatest public health achievements of the 20th century, banishing feared diseases from the lives of those fortunate enough to be immunized. But 1.5 million people continue to die each year from vaccine-preventable diseases.
Indonesia is pursuing financial sustainability for its immunization services through legislation and expenditure tracking. The Sabin Sustainable Immunization Financing (SIF) Program began its efforts in Indonesia in July 2013.
Immunization Program Structure
Indonesia’s National Immunization Program (NIP) is located in the Immunization and Quarantine Directorate, Division of Communicable Disease Control and Environmental Health, Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Cambodia (Draft Act on Immunization, July 2013)
- Kenya (Draft Immunization Law 1; Drfat Immunization Law (1b))
- Liberia (Amendment to the Public Health Act, Children’s Law)
- Mongolia (Drugs Act, Public Procurement Act, Health Act, Immunization Law, Law on Government Special Funds, Government Regulation No 67 (Procedure of National Immunization Fund)
- Nepal ( Draft Immunization Law, Draft Immunization Fund Regulation)
- Sri Lanka (Draft National Immunization Policy)
- Uganda (Draft Immunization Bill)
- Vietnam (La
Sabin Vaccine Institute convoque des représentants des gouvernements pour
Sabin Vaccine Institute convenes government officials to discuss progress on sustainable imm