The 2014 Annual Conference on Vaccine Research (ACVR), hosted by the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID), is uniquely positioned as an international conference where researchers come together to explore cutting-edge vaccine research developments with top scientists and organizations.
The ACVR provides an opportunity to network with experts, discover emerging technologies, and be among the first to learn about the latest advances in vaccine research and development.
This year, sessions will include:
- Keynote presentations by Gregory A. Poland, MD, Mayo Clinic and Foundation - Vaccinology 2.0: An Evolving Paradigm in the 21st Century and Penny Heaton, MD, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Vision for Development of Vaccines of Global Importance
- Advances in immunology and vaccine discovery, including analysis of vaccine performance and the promise and challenge of vaccine adjuvants.
- Future trends and advances in vaccine research including updates in the science of innate immunity, reverse vaccinology, and structural and systems biology.
- Regulatory challenges for evaluating and approving adjuvanted vaccines, with participation of representatives from the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (FDA), Health Canada, and the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL, Finland).
- Vaccines for the developing world, including discussion of international immunization programs and the latest developments in cholera, dengue, and Japanese encephalitis vaccines.
- Discover the latest progress in vaccine development
- Network with other research professionals and leaders in vaccine research from around the world
- Attend small breakfast session discussions with leading vaccine experts including:
- Darrick Carter, PhD, IDRI
- John D. Clemens, MD, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research
- Kathryn M. Edwards, MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Hana Golding, PhD, US Food and Drug Administration
- Saad B. Omer, MBBC, MPH, Emory Vaccine Center
- Gregory A. Poland, MD, Mayo Clinic and Foundation
- David L. Suarez, DVM, PhD, Agricultural Research Service
- Ian Tizard, PhD, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University
Register now to secure your space – advance registration ends at 12:00 pm ET on April 25, 2014.