The U.S. Government's commitment to rapidly develop biomedical countermeasures against bioterrorist threats has stimulated a tremendous boost to biodefense research, a big push to expand research resources and facilities, and a growing dedication to build a robust biodefense industry. The 2nd Biodefense Vaccines, Therapeutics and Diagnostics is slated to provide representatives from universities, pharmaceutical companies, the biotechnology industry, medical service and diagnostic companies, and the public health community with the latest information about the opportunities to participate in the vital national effort to quickly bring new biodefense vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics to market. The conference will also focus on the national work underway to put in place the structure and incentives needed to enable a robust biodefense industry for vaccines, therapeutics, and clinical diagnostics.
This important industry event will also feature:
- Keynote by Philip K. Russell, MD,
- Sabin Founding President and Acting Director, Office of Research and Development Coordination in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public Health Emergency Preparedness, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The Biodefense Networking Fair-a venue for opportunities to partner and collaborate, including government "help desks" and companies and universities from the biodefense community sharing information and showcasing their capabilities
- The State of the Art in Biodefense Vaccines, Therapeutics, and Diagnostics-a pre-conference symposium providing the latest information about the state of the art in development of biodefense vaccines and therapeutics-and a look into the future of medical biodefense research.
- The Regulatory Framework for Testing and Approving Biodefense Vaccines-a pre-conference workshop focusing on the key aspects of vaccine development that increase efficiency of clinical trials and accelerate regulatory approval.
Please join us in Washington, DC on April 13-15th, 2004
Friends of the Sabin Vaccine Institute Receive Reduced Registration Fee
To Register and Obtain More Information: Please visit the event website at
www.infocastinc.com/biovachome.asp. or call (818) 888-4444.