Position Title: Advocacy & Events Intern, Applied Epidemiology
Reports to: Senior Associate, Applied Epidemiology
Location: Remote, Eastern Time Due to COVID-19
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Advocacy & Events Intern of Applied Epidemiology will perform a wide range of programmatic and administrative duties in support of the Coalition against Typhoid’s advocacy and policy objectives.
- Assist with meeting and event planning, including the International Conference on Typhoid & Other Invasive Salmonelloses
- Assist with website and social media updates, including researching and posting news stories and scientific publications, updating outbreak tracker map and drafting social media posts
- Monitor current news and events for the Coalition against Typhoid website, social media, newsletter and team meetings
- Attend relevant global health related meetings and share updates with Sabin staff
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- Current college student in a related discipline
- Interest in global health, policy, advocacy or a related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience in social media, communications and/or event planning, preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Word) and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to process information quickly and work independently
- Detail-oriented, dependable and highly flexible
- Available for 20-29.5 hours per week during summer (May-August) semester
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected]. Please be sure to reference “Advocacy & Events Intern, Applied Epidemiology” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.