Reports to: Director, Immunization Advocates
Location: Washington, DC
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and collaborative individual to work with Sabin’s newly launched Vaccine Acceptance and Demand (VAD) initiative. The initiative consists of three interrelated work streams: Immunization Advocates, Vaccine Acceptance and Social Media Research. Immunization Advocates is supporting media and health workers and policymakers in low- and middle-income countries on communicating the importance of immunization and dispelling vaccination misinformation. Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance programming applies interdisciplinary research approaches and problem-solving to generate interdisciplinary knowledge about and address challenges to vaccine acceptance, including the Small Grants Program funding researchers in low- and middle-income countries and the Vaccination Acceptance Research Network. Social Media Research will focus on the intersection of immunization programs and social media research. The Associate will hold a variety of programmatic and administrative duties. Fifty percent (50%) of the Associate’s time will support the Immunization Advocates work stream, and the remaining 50% of the Associate’s time will be dedicated to providing cross-work stream support.
- Work with team members to plan and implement remote and in-person workshops and meetings and webinars
- Work with team members to coordinate outreach with external partners, workshop/meeting participants, including partners in Eastern Europe/Caucuses and Latin America
- Assist in content creation and maintenance of the Immunization Advocates website
- At direction of Senior Communications Manager, assist in communication activities, including basic website assistance, blog/podcast coordination and media/social media monitoring
- Conduct background research and provide program assistance as needed
- Schedule, assist in the preparation for and participate in meetings with team members and collaborating partners
- Assist with completion of administrative forms as required, including expense reports, check requests, teleconference reconciliation, credit card reconciliation
- Assist with project monitoring and evaluation efforts through quantitative and qualitative data collection and synthesis
- Assist in the maintenance of workplans and grant management and reporting tools
- Provide copyediting, formatting and document and presentation management assistance
- Perform operational tasks necessary to keep projects running smoothly, and assist in ensuring compliance with Sabin, funding agency and partner expectations
- Coordinate travel through Sabin’s preferred travel partner as well as other vendors as necessary
- Provide executive support to Vice President of Vaccine Acceptance and Demand, as needed
- Serve as primary backup for the President of Global Immunization’s Executive Assistant
- Build collaborative relationships with Sabin colleagues and partners to stay informed of latest organizational and field developments
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and relevant coursework
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in global health, public health, journalism/media training or international relations/development
- Proficient administrative skills; experience in or knowledge of finance, contracts, budgeting and reporting preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Demonstrated success drafting, proofreading and editing complex documents
- Close attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks; highly organized, flexible and able to prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills (listening, writing, speaking)
- Ability to work across the organization, building collaborative relationships with colleagues
- Professional experience with travel and meeting arrangements preferred
- Preference for fluency in Russian, Spanish or French
- Experience or familiarity with programs in low- and middle-income countries, especially in Eastern Europe/Caucuses or Latin America, a plus
- Communications, social media or website assistance experience a plus
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected]. Please be sure to reference “Associate, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.