Position Title: Communications and Advocacy Intern, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand
Reports to: Senior Communications Manager, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand
Location: Remote, Eastern Time (preferred) Due to COVID-19
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Communications and Advocacy Intern will support a variety of advocacy-related partnerships and activities of the Vaccine Acceptance and Demand Team.
Communications and Advocacy Support
• Partner with Senior Communications Manager to develop and implement a suite of social media content, including graphics and other promotional materials
• Monitor potential advocacy and journalism opportunities on vaccines and immunization in low- and middle-income countries and develop calendar and weekly synthesis of opportunities for program to consider
• Represent Sabin at relevant advocacy or communications coalitions/meetings/webinars and identify program opportunities
• Assist team members in planning and implementing remote and in-person workshops/meetings/webinars
• Assist with and participate in meetings with team members and collaborating partners, including document preparation and drafting notes
• Assist with tracking of stories produced by journalists engaged with the program and of advocacy and learning activities of health workers, as well as testimonials of program participants
• Work with team members to track program outreach
• Provide background research, copyediting, formatting and document and presentation management, as assigned
• Other administrative duties, as assigned
• Current college student in a related discipline
• Relevant coursework or experience in global health, public health, social science, journalism/media training or international relations/development preferred
• Communications, social media or website assistance experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with graphic creation platforms such as Canva, Spark or InDesign a plus
• Strong communications skills (listening, writing, speaking)
• Experience drafting, proofreading and editing documents
• Strong organizational skills, ability to process information quickly and work independently
• Detail-oriented, dependable and highly flexible
• Ability to build collaborative relationships
• Available for 20 hours per week during the summer (May-August) semester
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please be sure to reference “Communications and Advocacy Intern, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.