Reports to: President, Global Immunization
Location: Washington, DC
Our mission is to makes vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team, who value accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
Do you like to develop relationships? Are you a problem solver and creative thinker? Are you able to connect with people from different backgrounds? If so, please consider joining the Sabin team as the next Director of Global Community Engagement. In this role you will build upon, invigorate and expand the network membership of a vitally important group of immunization managers around the world. The IAIM Network (International Association of Immunization Managers) empowers immunization managers across the globe to get answers, grow in their role and raise their collective voices by enabling them to connect, elevate, navigate and learn. In this role, you would manage all aspects of the program, including program design, partnership engagement, membership recruitment and retention, funding, budget management and staff supervision. This is an excellent opportunity to lead this international Network and flex and expand your proven experience building global communities around target issues, partnership development and networking.
What Needs to Be Done:
Build the Team and Expand Partnerships
- Hire two new IAIM team members: Senior Associate of Communications (focused on content and digital presence) and Associate (operational support). The Community Manager has already been a part of the IAIM team since mid-2017
- Initiate and grow partnerships with key organizations to advance institutional relationships that actively support and leverage the IAIM Network (e.g., World Health Organization and Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance)
- Develop the investment case for additional external financial support, in collaboration with colleagues
- Develop strategies and relationships to scale the IAIM Network
Platform and Content
- Develop key programmatic components, including an online platform to facilitate peer support and learning, coaching and mentorship, and practice labs and events using a human-centered design approach
- Oversee development of content, webinars, practice labs, editorial calendar, etc.
- Coordinate with the Communications Team in producing, developing and communicating in various media such as print and video; and, assist in developing advocacy and technical materials, handouts, news releases, pamphlets and brochures as needed
Membership Engagement and Expansion
- Oversee selection of and engagement in initial focus countries for targeted growth with input from key immunization stakeholders
- Develop standard capability/competency model for immunization managers, working in close coordination with key stakeholders
- Identify and formulize opportunities to raise the collective voice of immunization managers and facilitate exchange of information between immunization managers and key stakeholders (e.g., feedback on policies, products, programs)
- Excellence in project management, including annual work plans, timelines, resource allocations and timely deliverables
- Publicly represent the IAIM Network and present at meetings and events
- Develop and implement project monitoring & evaluation metrics and tools
- Oversee and/or coordinate the collection, compilation and analysis of program activity data; and, develop, write and present comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports
- Manage contracts, grants and budgets in close coordination with the Accounting Team; coordinate and/or assist with proposal writing efforts to develop additional funding
- Other related duties, as assigned
- 10+ years of relevant community development experience
- 5+ years of experience in partnership development and networking
- 4+ years of leadership and management experience with professional societies and online platforms
- Ability to frequently travel domestically and internationally
- Familiarity with global health issues and landscape preferred
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree preferred
- Seasoned project, grants and people management experience
- Excellent communications and diplomacy skills (active listening, writing, speaking) across internationally diverse stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Works across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues and able to manage their expectations
- Innovative, assertive and entrepreneurial orientation
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference “Director, Global Community Engagement” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.