Reports to: Vice President, Vaccine Acceptance & Demand
Location: Washington, DC
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Project Manager is central to supporting Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance and Demand initiative, which focuses on strengthening confidence in vaccines in low- and middle-income countries by supporting research to better understand the drivers of vaccine acceptance and exploring interventions to improve it. We provide platforms for an exchange of knowledge about vaccine acceptance and ensure that community gatekeepers – principally journalists and health workers – are equipped to communicate credible, evidence-based information about vaccines and immunization. Projects range in scope from drafting contracts and agreements to developing workplans and monitoring milestones to managing relationships with external partners to name a few. The Project Manager will work in close coordination with colleagues across the organization and at various levels, including executive. To be effective, under the leadership of the Vice President, the Project Manager will help establish strategic plans, deliver on project activities/objectives and support project operations. The Manager will have seven plus years of non-profit experience, preferably in global and/or public health and be motivated by Sabin’s mission.
- Oversee all aspects of monitoring and evaluation work, including partnering with team colleagues on quarterly data collection of project metrics, management of external consultants on evaluation and packaging of results for a donor audience
- Lead the development and management of initiative’s annual workplan, including collaborating with team colleagues to identify key deliverables and activities, and conducting routine tracking on workplan progress
- Manage and oversee the administrative and daily operations of projects, ensuring timely operations and compliance with Sabin policies and underlying grant documents
- Lead biannual programmatic reviews, including assessments of program outputs and deliverables to inform future planning and team roles and responsibilities
- In partnership with VP and other colleagues at Sabin, support budget management
- As necessary, develop additional tools and processes to aid effective project management
- Manage all external contracts, including developing contract and agreement language, managing process of internal vetting and signatures, tracking deliverables, and processing invoices and payments
- Support the development of project proposals and contribute to stakeholder engagement, including working with team leads to produce, develop and communicate accomplishments and impact
- Provide logistical support and tracking of annual donor report
- Apply understanding of Sabin’s projects, mission and market needs to contribute to expanding existing projects and developing new ones
- Contribute technical information and recommendations for strategy development and foster relationships with project consultants, funders and key stakeholders
- Remain abreast of other programs at Sabin; seek areas of potential collaboration and elevate the work of the Vaccine Acceptance and Demand program
- Other related duties, as assigned
- 7+ years relevant work experience, including heavy project and grant management experience
- Demonstrated skill in developing and managing project work plans and budgets, as well as stakeholder relationships
- Experience initiating and implementing monitoring and evaluation tools
- Experience using MS Project and/or other project management tools
- Works across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues and able to manage their expectations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; capacity for people management
- Assertive, entrepreneurial orientation; innovative
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and optimistic
- Commitment to furthering Sabin’s mission
- Ability to travel with notice, pending COVID-19 pandemic travel restrictions
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected]. Please be sure to reference “Project Manager, Vaccine Acceptance & Demand” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.