Position Title: Research Intern, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand
Reports to: Senior Manager, Vaccine Acceptance
Location: Remote, Eastern Time (preferred) Due to COVID-19
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Research Intern will support the development of knowledge about the social and behavioral drivers of vaccine acceptance, including through reviews of published literature, identification of new and emerging research, and planning for virtual discussions and meetings. The Research Intern will work closely with the Senior Manager of Vaccine Acceptance and other members of Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance and Demand Team.
• Conduct scans of the grey and peer-reviewed literature, with advising from Senior Manager
• Conduct and prepare research reports drawing upon the literature reviews and other resources
• Aid in the identification and management of resources for the Sabin-curated Vaccine Acceptance resource hub (to be launched in April 2021 and intended to house social and behavioral science resources for vaccination programming)
• Assist with event project management and execution, including planning for a virtual Vaccine Acceptance Research Network (VARN) conference in Fall 2021 and other potential VARN events
• Provide project management assistance for the release of a grant Request for Proposals (RFP) and in the proposal review process
• Other administrative duties, as assigned
• Current college student in global health, social science or a related discipline
• Interest in (or commitment to exploring) the social and behavioral drivers of vaccine hesitancy
• Experience working with research databases for literature scans
• Familiarity reading and synthesizing research and scholarship materials preferred
• Strong research, citation and writing skills, including an ability to synthesize complex ideas to clear and concise written summaries and verbal overviews
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications
• Detail-oriented and highly flexibility; ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Available for up to 20 hours per week during the summer (May-August) semester
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected] Please be sure to reference “Research Intern, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.