Reports to: Senior Manager, Vaccine Acceptance
Location: Washington, DC; Option to Work Remotely (only in FL, MD, MA, NE, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, VA, WA, DC)
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Research Intern will support the development of knowledge about the social and behavioral drivers of vaccine acceptance, including through reviews of published literature, identification of new and emerging research, and planning for virtual discussions and meetings. The Research Intern will work closely with the Senior Manager, Vaccine Acceptance and other members of Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance & Demand Team.
- Conduct scans of the grey and peer-reviewed literature, with advising from Senior Manager
- Conduct and prepare research reports drawing upon the literature reviews and other resources
- Aid in the identification and management of resources for the Vaccine Acceptance Resource Hub
- Support the launch of the Resource Hub site
- Assist with research event project management and execution, including planning for a virtual Vaccine Acceptance Research Network (VARN) conference and other potential VARN engagements
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- Current college student in global health, international development, the social sciences or related discipline
- Interest in (or commitment to exploring) the social and behavioral drivers of vaccination
- Experience working with research databases for literature scans
- Familiarity reading and synthesizing research and scholarship materials
- Research, citation and writing skills, including an ability to synthesize complex ideas to clear and concise written summaries and verbal overviews
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Word), Adobe Acrobat and Zoom video conferencing
- Experience with reference management tools (Zotero, Google Scholar) preferred
- Detail-oriented and flexible; ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Available for 10-29.5 hours per week during the Fall 2021 semester
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected]. Please be sure to reference “Research Intern, Vaccine Acceptance & Demand” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.