Reports to: Manager, Communications
Location: Washington, DC
Sabin Vaccine Institute is seeking a dynamic and creative graphic designer. The Communications Senior Associate leads a range of functions, including graphic design, brand management and implementation of communications-focused project elements.
Graphic Design and Digital
- Design and oversee development of professional-level print and digital materials related to Sabin’s branding, programs and events
- Design and deploy social media campaigns, produce infographics, social graphics, data visualizations, gifs, etc.
- Create project and event logos
- Design event collateral for meetings and conferences, including promotional items, attendee materials and signage
- Work closely with executives to conceptualize, design, produce and edit visually compelling slide presentations to be used for education, awareness-building and high-level business development
- Design materials for fundraising and cultivation of individual donors
- Select and oversee vendors and manage contracts
- Manage and catalog digital assets
- Carry out back-end website updates in Drupal and WordPress
- Demonstrate attention to detail in design, including proofreading
Sabin Corporate and Development
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines, including style sheets and logo requirements
- Design easy-to-use templates for Sabin team members to ensure Sabin’s brand is always well represented
- Gather and distill Sabin impacts from event surveys and social metrics, develop graphics to communicate impact, recommend adjustments according to findings
- Ensure consistent messaging across Sabin program materials
- Write and copyedit written materials for internal and external audiences across a variety of platforms as needed
Program Support and Promotion
- Serve as liaison between communications and program staff to develop program-related communications and promote project milestones; identify opportunities by conducting regular meetings and initiating activities with program teams
- Collect travel and meeting photos, videos and updates from Sabin team members, and follow up with use in social media, presentations and marketing materials
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as graphic design or communications
- 4-6 years relevant experience
- Graphic design experience with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications; HTML and email campaign design preferred
- Ability to boil down complex issues into compelling messaging targeting a variety of audiences
- Capable of telling inspiring stories through a variety of mediums, including infographics, photography, video and events
- Experience writing for blogs, social networking sites and email campaigns
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Experience managing vendors, including graphic designers, videographers and printers
- Proven ability to implement effective communications strategies
- Thrive in entrepreneurial, team-oriented work environments; experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to be flexible, creative, enthusiastic and optimistic
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter, design portfolio and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference “Communications Senior Associate (Graphic Designer)” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring to the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.