Reports to: Director, Influenza Vaccine Innovation
Location: Washington, DC
The senior associate of influenza vaccine innovation will proactively support Sabin’s work to catalyze next generation influenza vaccine leadership and innovation. The senior associate will support the design and capture of a scientific agenda that outlines new approaches, systems and associated resource streams to foster innovation in the influenza vaccine research and development landscape. Working closely with internal leadership and external partners and stakeholders, the senior associate will support work intended to drive the demand for and accelerate the development of universal influenza vaccines.
- Conduct targeted research and literature reviews
- Draft technical and advocacy materials regarding innovative approaches to advance universal influenza vaccine development
- Contribute to project/program activities to accomplish departmental objectives (e.g., assist with the preparation of materials to support internal and external activities and communications)
- Support the development of technical agendas for workshops and meetings and identify appropriate speakers and participants
Partnerships and Teams
- Support collaborative activities with partner organizations; interface with affiliates and partners on behalf of the Director as requested
- Work with the Communications Team to document and coordinate project activities and initiatives and produce technically accurate, research-based materials for outreach to a variety of stakeholder and constituent targets
- Assist in organizing domestic and international meetings and other stakeholder engagement activities
- Work collaboratively across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues to stay informed of the latest organizational and field developments and advance organizational priorities
- Assist with financial issues, including ensuring timely reporting, maintaining accurate records and preparation of expense reports and check requests
- Schedule, prepare for and participate in team meetings
- Coordinate travel through Sabin’s preferred travel partner as well as other vendors as necessary
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 4+ years relevant experience; global health/infectious disease research experience a plus
- 1+ years experience in a life science laboratory setting; operational familiarity with scientific methodology and terminology (e.g., microbiology, immunology) highly preferred
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills (active listening, writing, speaking)
- Must demonstrate interest in furthering Sabin’s mission
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective at working with others over geographical distance
- Listens carefully to feedback and comments from staff and adapts plans/actions accordingly
- Ability to process information quickly
- Ability to work across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues
- Superior service orientation
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected]. Please be sure to reference “Senior Associate, Influenza Vaccine Innovation” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring to the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.