Reports to: Vice President, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand
Location: Washington, DC
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Senior Manager of Social Media Research will work with the Vice President of Vaccine Acceptance and Demand to plan and implement Sabin’s Social Media research workstream, focusing on the intersection of immunization programs and social media monitoring, research and integration. The Senior Manager will lead a project to develop and implement a social media research agenda, including collaborating with partners and managing consultants to develop the research agenda, identifying areas for investment in research and/or pilot interventions, sourcing and managing grantees and/or partners to conduct social media research, and ensuring successful dissemination of knowledge gained through the workstream. The incumbent will have up-to-date knowledge and applied work experience in the research field, including social media platforms and data analysis, strong writing and project management skills, and a proven ability to interact collaboratively with individuals at all levels.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all aspects of Sabin’s social media research project
- In partnership with VP of Vaccine Acceptance and Demand, develop strategy to advance Sabin’s work to implement a research agenda assessing the impact of social media on vaccination decisions and behaviors, including program design and monitoring and evaluation
- Build and manage partner relations with social media platforms, social media experts and the global immunization community
- Convene and present at virtual and in-person stakeholder meetings; prepare related materials and reports
- Collect, compile and analyze program activity data and scientific literature; write and present comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports for funders and other key stakeholders
- Lead the development of content about Sabin’s work on social media research for blogs and social media; develop and deliver presentations to a global health audience as needed
- Translate data results into manuscript format and advance them to publication
- In close coordination with VP of Vaccine Acceptance and Demand, ensure that program deliverables are on time and in budget
- Manage contracts, grants, sub-grants and budgets in close coordination with the Accounting Team; assist with proposal writing to develop additional funding
- Support and provide technical advice on the development and implementation of strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas within Sabin, including other workstreams within the Vaccine Acceptance and Demand program and the Sabin-led Boost community
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Master’s degree in a related field such as health communications, information science, behavioral economics, psychology, sociology, public health or global health
- 9+ years relevant experience, with significant experience in social media research, especially related to impact on behavior or spread of misinformation and disinformation
- Expertise in analyzing data from social media platforms and interpreting results; qualitative/quantitative research at the intersections of health and social media strongly preferred
- Experience using social media listening platforms to collect and analyze social/web data
- Strong project management skills and proven experience with research grants; grants management experience preferred
- Budget/financial support experience
- Proven experience in partnership relations, particularly in the social media community
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to tailor approach toward the perspective of others; public speaking experience preferred; experience writing for peer-reviewed journals preferred
- Experience managing, mentoring and coaching people
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels, including Boards of Trustees, coalition partners, staff and organizational contacts
- Demonstrated ability to operate with purpose, urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate interest in furthering Sabin’s mission
- Ability to travel with notice
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected]. Please be sure to reference “Senior Manager, Social Media Research” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.