Reports to: Vice President, Communications
Location: Washington, DC
Are you an energetic, highly focused communications professional with an outstanding ability to craft messaging, a talent for creative design and a passion for accessibility to public health? If so, please check out the description below and apply today!
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative, and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
Sabin Vaccine Institute is seeking an innovative Social Media and Graphic Design Associate to manage all social media accounts and support the organization by creating impactful designs for a wide variety of audiences. This role is well suited for a candidate with 2 - 3 years of relevant social media and/or graphic design experience and a willingness to do the work necessary to implement and advance media relations. Preference for candidates with experience working in a public relations agency, corporate or major NGO communications group.
- Manage all Sabin social channels, including regular creation, deployment and scheduling of posts
- Monitor social channels and engage with stakeholders and partners
- Analyze and report on social metrics; recommend adjustments to social media strategies based on analytics
- Collaborate with the Communications Team to design and deploy social media campaigns, produce infographics, social graphics, data visualizations, gifs, etc.
- Design materials for fundraising and cultivation of individual donors
Graphic Design and Digital
- Design print and digital materials to support Sabin’s branding, programs and events
- Assist with remote and in-person video production, including invitations, instructions, recording, editing and post-production activities
- Design event collateral for meetings and conferences, including promotional items, attendee materials and signage
- Work closely with executives and colleagues to design, produce and edit visually compelling PowerPoint slide presentations
- Carry out back-end website updates in Drupal and WordPress
- Review and distil website metrics
Sabin Corporate and Program Support
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines, including style sheets and logo requirements
- Design easy-to-use templates for Sabin team members to ensure Sabin’s brand is always well represented
- Collect travel and meeting photos, videos and updates from Sabin team members, and follow up with use in social media, presentations and marketing materials
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as graphic design or communications
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience managing social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) and tracking metrics
- Graphic design experience in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily: Ai, Id, Ps, Lr) and Microsoft Office applications; HTML and email campaign design preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Experience with Canva a plus
- Video and audio editing skills a plus
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work products
- Ability to be flexible, creative, enthusiastic and optimistic
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter, design portfolio and resume via e-mail to [email protected]. Please be sure to reference Social Media and Graphic Design Associate in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.