Reports to: Director, Advocacy and Outreach, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand
Location: Office in Washington, DC; Option to Work Remotely in US Only
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and board are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Stakeholder Partnerships Manager, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand, will manage existing partnerships and help create new partnerships with organizations supporting journalists and health workers in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) for Sabin’s Immunization Advocates program and Vaccine Acceptance & Demand (VAD) initiative. Sabin supports partners to deepen journalist and health worker knowledge, skillsets and connectivity to report, communicate or advocate on vaccines and immunization.
The incumbent will have experience managing journalism or public health communications partnerships, experience managing contract budget deliverables and payment management, and familiarity with global health stakeholders and policies.
- Under the direction of the Director, Advocacy and Outreach, manage partnership activities to engage journalists, health workers and other health information gatekeepers in LMICs to increase vaccine acceptance and equity. Activities include oversight of partnerships with journalism training organizations, regional and national networks of journalists, health workforce organizations/associations and advocacy campaigns
- Lead project management for partnership activities such as scopes of work, project plans, contracts, budgeting, reporting and payment schedules
- In collaboration with Immunization Advocates partners and team, facilitate learning, leadership and outreach opportunities for journalists and health workers engaged by program
- Work with team members and external partners to design and implement workshop agendas, webinars and events
- Work with VAD team on presentations and external communications activities related to partnerships managed by the position
- Develop updates and report to VAD donors on activities supported by the position
- Advise and assist in adapting and implementing Sabin’s vaccine acceptance and demand strategy and workplan
- Work collaboratively to integrate programming across VAD work streams and with broader Sabin programs, particularly Sabin’s Boost Community
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, global health or related field
- 7+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience coordinating/managing journalism training or public health communications partnerships or campaigns
- Proven experience managing budgets with multiple partners, donors or sub-grants
- Familiarity with global health stakeholders and policies; experience with vaccines and immunization content a plus
- Experience developing and implementing online events/meetings
- Strong communications skills, including experience making external presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals across public health or international development, such as technical and political leaders, journalists, health workers partners and vendors
- Capacity for people management and financial/budget support
- Demonstrated interest in furthering Sabin’s mission
- Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines
- Professional proficiency in English; other language proficiency including Spanish or French a plus
- Ability to travel with notice when COVID-19 restrictions allow
- Subject to a criminal background investigation
- Request for three professional references
- Verification of education/degrees
Attributes that Are Important to Sabin:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Problem-Solving and Critical Thinking
- Communication and Professionalism
- Initiative and Ownership
- Productivity and Quality Control
- Professional Development/Personal Learning
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected]. Please be sure to reference “Stakeholder Partnerships Manager, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary and title commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.