Gold Medal Selection
The Sabin Gold Medal Award, commemorating the legacy of the late Dr. Albert B. Sabin, is awarded based on the following criteria:
- The Nominee’s work exemplifies the Sabin Vaccine Institute’s mission to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe
- The Nominee has materially improved access to vaccines, has had a major impact in vaccine research and development or has enabled innovation to expand immunization
- The Nominee has left an indelible imprint toward the improvement of public health
- The Nominee should be a scientist, researcher or public health leader
- The Nominee may be an individual or a small team
Nominations are submitted in strict confidence and reviewed by a Selection Committee comprised of past Gold Medal Award recipients, Sabin Executive Management and Board of Trustees.