Gold Medal Selection
Nominations are now open for the 2020 Sabin Gold Medal.
The Sabin Gold Medal Award, commemorating the legacy of the late Dr. Albert B. Sabin, is awarded based on the following criteria:
- The Nominee’s work exemplifies the Sabin Vaccine Institute’s mission to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe
- The Nominee has materially improved access to vaccines, has had a major impact in vaccine research and development or has enabled innovation to expand immunization
- The Nominee has left an indelible imprint toward the improvement of public health
- The Nominee should be a scientist, researcher or public health leader
- The Nominee may be an individual or a small team
Nominations are submitted in strict confidence and reviewed by a Selection Committee comprised of past Gold Medal Award recipients, Sabin Executive Management and Board of Trustees.
To Submit a Nomination
Those interested in submitting a nomination should send a statement (no greater than one page) outlining the achievements of their Nominee along with the Nominee’s CV to [email protected] by October 14, 2019.