This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure, and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
Information We Collect
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us directly: We collect information that you provide us. For example, we may obtain information about you when you take part in one of our events, make a donation, apply to volunteer for us, or when you sign up to receive one of our electronic mailings such as newsletters. This includes the following categories of information:
- Contact Information, including name, email address, telephone or mobile phone number, or address;
- Commercial information, including records of donations;
- Transaction and Billing Data, such as bank account and payment card details, and the billing address that you provide when you make a donation;
- Correspondence you send to us, such as through the “Contact Us” form on our website or by emailing us directly.
Information that is automatically collected: We may also automatically collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services (“log data”). This log data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device type, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, browser version, operating system, time zone settings and locations, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. We may also collect geolocation information derived from your GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth signals, IP address, and other device information.
Cookies and other similar technologies are used on our Services to enable us to improve our Services and serve our mission, for example:
- To enable us to understand how visitors use the Services, e.g., whether people are browsing using a mobile device and what pages they look at and for how long, so that we can improve any areas.
- To enable you to donate easily. Cookies allow us to track your visit to our Services and keep you on a single server during the session.
- To track how you came to our websites so that we can measure the effectiveness of any marketing campaigns we run.
- To enhance our Services with content from other Services, e.g., YouTube videos and Twitter.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
Use Of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for various purposes, including:
- Providing you with the services or information you requested.
- Processing requests you have submitted.
- Carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Keeping a record of your relationship with us.
- Conducting analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our services.
- Dealing with entries into a competition.
- Seeking your views or comments on the services we provide.
- Notifying you of changes to our Services.
- To communicate with you, including sending you responses to your questions or communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you, such as information about campaigns, fundraising appeals, activities, and promotions.
- Processing financial donations.
- Processing job applications.
- Enforcing our legal rights.
- Analyzing and improving the Services.
- Marketing and advertising to you, including analyzing your information to understand what communications and ads would be most interesting to you.
Sharing Of Information
Depending on how you use our Services, we may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers (such as payment processing providers) that help us provide services to you. These service providers are bound by contractual terms or similarly enforceable safeguards that determine how they may use your information.
- Aggregate Information: We may disclose to third parties aggregate visitor information about our Services that does not specifically identify you. This information may include the total number of visitors to the Services and referring websites. This aggregate data may be used to encourage funding partnerships and for related reasons.
- For legal reasons or to protect our users and Services: We may disclose your information to other parties to comply with the law or respond to legal process or an appropriate request for cooperation by a government entity, to prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies or terms governing the Services, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our respective affiliates or employees.
- In connection with a change in ownership or control: We may share your information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, consolidation, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- We may otherwise share your information when you consent to or request such sharing.
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to share information about your experience on the Services with others, these third-party services are outside of our control. These third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Services, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Sabin does not sell your personal information. In addition, Sabin will not send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
Retaining Your Information
We keep your information for as long as is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory and regulatory obligations, such as tax or accounting purposes.
Protection of Information
We implement reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures intended to secure your information. Although we take steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure. As a result, while Sabin strives to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or other inadvertent disclosure of or access to your personal information. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
You may have the right, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request restriction of processing of your information, opt-out of sale or sharing, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your information or more information about our information practices, although this could affect our ability to provide you with the services you have requested. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity.
Links To Other Websites
Sabin does not knowingly ask children ages 13 and under for any information. Visitors 13 and under should ask their parent or legal guardian for assistance when using the Services and should not submit any personally identifiable information to the Services.
Sabin Vaccine Institute
2000 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20006
Information contained on our Services should not be considered medical guidance or professional advice. If you come upon information on our Services that is outdated or that you consider inaccurate, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider appropriate changes.
We make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe.