13th International Rotavirus Symposium
The 13th International Rotavirus Symposium was held 29-31 August, 2018 in Minsk, Belarus. Over 280 attendees from 54 countries came together to discuss new data and relevant research that will inform public health agendas related to prevention of rotavirus gastroenteritis.
Main Session Topics
Participants reviewed the latest results of trials of new rotavirus vaccines in low resource country settings, issues in vaccine policy and introduction, and postmarketing data on vaccine impact and safety. Scheduled sessions include:
- Experiences with introduction of rotavirus vaccines
- Post-Licensure impact and safety of rotavirus vaccines
- Epidemiology and burden of rotavirus disease
- The pipeline for rotavirus vaccines
- Non-vaccine treatment and prevention of rotavirus
- Cost-effectiveness and policy issues surrounding rotavirus vaccines
Presentations from the symposium can be found here.
A meeting report is in preperation and will be posted here shorlty.
The Scientific Program Committee would like to thank the following for their support toward the organization and success of this meeting:
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Bharat Biotech
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Fogarty International Center, U.S. National Institutes of Health
- Merck Pharmaceuticals
- Republican Research and Practical Center for Epidemiology and Microbiolgy, Goverment of Belarus
- ROTA Council
- Sabin Vaccine Institute
- World Health Organization
Created with flickr slideshow.