Our network is comprised of multidisciplinary and multisectoral professionals focused on surfacing evidence-based solutions from research and practice to optimize vaccine acceptance, demand, and delivery in low-resourced settings, which are critical to boosting vaccine uptake, public health, and economies.
800+VARN has more than 800 members from multidisciplinary fields.
90+More than 90 countries represented by members, 84% of members from low-and-middle income countries.
750+More than 750 participants & diverse expert voices and women leadership across regions in two convenings.
The Vaccination Acceptance Research Network (VARN) membership includes academic researchers, global and community health practitioners, individuals affiliated with non-governmental organization and civil society, and Sabin’s Social and Behavioral Research Grant Program partners working across disciplines to link social and behavioral search insights with immunization policy, programming, and practice policy in low- and middle-income country settings to:
- Analyze vaccination topics from various theoretical and methodological approaches to guide the design of community-informed solutions around vaccination acceptance, demand, and delivery
- Share practical knowledge, research, and resources through VARN convened-events
- Serve on working groups to collaboratively approach vaccination challenges
- Co-create knowledge management assets to translate knowledge to action and advocacy
- Set research and learning agendas to move the field(s) forward
Explore the Vaccination Acceptance Research Network and its resources.
Sign up for the VARN newsletter to get the latest program information and event and funding opportunities.
Shaping Global Vaccine Acceptance with Localized Knowledge
Co-convened with UNICEF and co-sponsored by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and in support of COVID-19 Vaccine Delivery Partnership priority countries, Sabin hosted VARN2023, a space for exploration and wide dissemination of knowledge, practice, and evidence-informed strategies for driving action across the vaccination acceptance, demand, and delivery ecosystem.
We make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe.